Top scary movies paired with top-shelf cannabis
Cannabis and scary movies, the perfect match? I don’t know about you but pot just makes movies better. But scary movies and weed just take it to another level. To steal a line from Jon Stewart in Half Baked….” but have you seen scary movies, on weed?”
It’s true though, many consumers of cannabis report heightened sensory perception so visual sensations of movies do to adults what Halloween candy does to kids. Add on top of that tons of laughs and movies are indeed the perfect match for today’s premium cannabis. So, as you plan your Halloween evening movie nightcap you may be thinking, what should I watch? Well, Herb has your back with a list of the top 5 movies to watch on Halloween…on weed!
Colorado High Level Health Cannabis Strains And Movies
The Cabin in the Woods (2012) – Bio-Star
- Such a great flick written by the same guy that wrote Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Toy Story, Alien Resurrection, and not only wrote but directed The Avengers. Bio-Star is the perfect companion for this scary movie that needs a friend.
Halloween (1986) – Cookie Monster
- This one had to make the list but did you know this movie was originally titled Scary Movie? Jamie Lee Curtis is put through hell by Michael Myers and his chef knife on Halloween night. The only thing that can save you is the heavy-hitting, Indica-dominant Cookie Monster.
Scary Movie (2000) – Mandarin Cookies
- Not all scary movies need to be scary right? This comedy is a spoof on scary movies so they named it Scary Movie which it totally makes sense. Sativa seems to fit here. Pair this movie with Mandarin Cookies and enjoy.
***Honorable Mention – Hood of Horror (2007) – Sour OG
- Snoop Dogg deserves a spot on the list with Hood of Horrors. This is a cool movie divided into three short, scary tales. If you decide to watch this twisted film, twist some Sour OG up for Snoop.
Michigan High Level Health Cannabis Strains And Movies
Alien (1979) – Alien OG
- This horror film made Sigourney Weaver a household name and paved the way for her starring in Herb’s favorite movie of all-time, Avatar. In space no one can hear you scream but you can be sure that Alien OG is the right strain for this movie.
Scream(1996) – Miracle Alien Cookies
- Even the cover of this movie creeps me out. Written by the king of scary movies, Wes Craven, Scream will definitely have you paranoid especially if the phone rings during the movie.
The Shining (1977) – Hawaiian Diesel
- Hawaiian Diesel will keep you warm for this classic horror film set in the cold mountains of Colorado written by the Stephen King. Just watch out for the twins!
No matter what movie you pick we have the cannabis to pair with it at any of our eight High Level Health recreational marijuana dispensaries.
Trick Or Treat, Neither It’s Weed!
Herb Hightower is a freelance writer, and cannabis connoisseur reporting on all things cannabis for High Level Health.