What is Microdosing?
If you keep up to date on cannabis culture, you may have heard the new buzzword in medical marijuana: microdosing. Many users are asking what is microdosing? Users are microdosing cannabis to maximize the benefits while minimizing the side effects and drawbacks. True, there aren’t many drawbacks to using marijuana, but if you want to remain sharp and focused, getting high or stoned can disrupt your day in a major way.
Instead, microdosing medical marijuana gives you an opportunity to isolate whatever benefits you’re looking for, whether that’s pain relief, treatment for anxiety or depression, or just a mental aid to help you focus or increase your creative output. Microdosing also helps keep you from building a tolerance to marijuana by staying at the minimum effective dose.
How to Determine Dosing and Therapeutic Range of Microdosing
The minimum effective dose and therapeutic range are different for each person, so you’ll need to do a little experimentation to find yours. Keeping a journal of how much you take each day, and its effects will help you determine your dose and stick to it.
- Abstain from cannabis for 48 hours. Doing so will reset any tolerance you have developed.
- Start with a minimal dose, such as one milligram of each THC and CBD.
- Wait about an hour.
- Record in your journal how you feel and whether the dose achieved your desired results.
If not, increase the dose by one milligram the following day and try again.
Once you have found the minimum dose that achieves your desired results, make a note of it, and then continue increasing the dose each day until it no longer increases benefits. That is your therapeutic range. In general, you should stick with the minimum effective dose whenever possible, but you can move back and forth within the therapeutic range based on your needs that day. High Level Health offers a minimum out of 2.5mg.
Three Ways to Microdose
What’s the best method of microdosing marijuana in Denver? There are three modes of microdosing, each with their benefits and drawbacks.
- Smoking: Probably the least accurate method of microdosing, so experts recommend starting with one puff instead of one milligram.
- Vaping: Discrete, better for your lungs and offers more control over dosage as long as you buy a product with documented THC and CBD content.
- Ingesting: Lasts longer but takes longer to take effect, so you’ll need to wait longer before recording your impressions.
Choosing a Reputable Grower and Dispensary
When determining your minimum effective dose, the quality and documentation of the product you choose are of particular importance. At High Level Health, we offer a wide variety of strains to choose from, as well as oils, waxes, extracts, edibles and our favorite daily specials.